A strimmer is not a new tool by any means but has become much more versatile over the years. There are many different types of strimmers with different features and functions made for specific jobs. Choosing the right strimmer for the job is very important in order to achieve your needs and get the job done efficient without a fight. In this guide we will go over the best strimmer for each application and talk about the pros, cons and features to make choosing the best strimmer less of a a task.
Best Strimmer Brands
- Garden Gear
Choosing the Best Strimmer for Allotment
When is comes to an allotment there are many factors to consider before purchasing a strimmer. An allotment is usually much more different than the garden you maintain at home and can pose various challenges. Safety is always a big concern when operating a power tool of any sort and because an allotment is a shard garden space, safety is even a bigger concern. Weeds can be much bigger and usually grow at a much faster rate compared to a properly established lawn, especially if its a new allotment. Another major factor to consider is electricity, most of the time an allotment does not have electricity and even if it did, there is a good chance the distance might be to far for an extension cord. The major factors that make choosing the best strimmer for allotment is means of power, weigh, potability, efficiency and most important safety.back to menu ↑
Best Petrol Strimmer for Allotment
If your allotment needs a major overhaul with plenty of brush clearing the Hyundai HYBC5200 is without a doubt the best petrol strimmer for allotment. Not only is it build with a super duty guard but it comes with ear protection, face visor and gloves to guarantee safety on all fronts. This extremely well balanced strimmer is equipped with a double ergonomic shoulder hardness to prevent fatigue and cow horn handles for maximum comfort and maneuverability. The HYBC5200 comes with 3 cutting options, nylon head to tackle grass, 3 tooth metal cutting blade for weeds and heavy duty 8 tooth blade to deal with heavy brush and brambles. Built with a heavy duty powerful 52CC Engine and backed with a 3 year warranty, its a no brainier why this is the best petrol strimmer for allotment.
- Powerful Hyundai 52cc 2 stroke petrol engine
- Supplied with two-string nylon cutting head and three-tooth cutting blade
- The adjustable shaft allows you to find the comfortable cutting height; cutting width 255 mm for steel blades, 450 mm for nylon trimmer head
- Powerfull 52 CC petrol engine
- Adjustable shaft for cutting height
- protective equipment included
- 3 cutting blades included
- Harness and bike handles for comfort
- Little on the heavy side
Best Cordless Strimmer for Allotment
A petrol powered strimmer is propably your best choice if your cutting brush for long periods of time. But if the allotment you are working on doesn’t require a petrol strimmer and only requires maintenance, I highly recommend a light weight electric battery operated one. The Ryobi OvC182B is the best cordless strimmer for allotment due to its lightweight ergonomic design, powerful motor and long lasting 18V battery. It comes with both blade and trimmer head for versatility with a large 30cm line trimming path. The guard is made tough to ensure safety and the bike handles are designed with user in mind for comfort and ergonomics.
- 2in1 design, 20cm brush cutting blade and 30cm grass trimming swathe for trimming back all areas of your garden
- Bike handle design for increased comfort and support during use
- Part of the ONE+ system, one battery powers over 40 tools
- Light weight
- 18 V Electric powered motor
- large 30 cm trimming path
- Bike handles for comfort
- Long lasting battery
- Not ideal for long cutting periods
Best Strimmer for Edging
We all know how annoying and difficult edging can be at times. The BLACK+DECKER ST5530-GB is the best strimmer for edging due to it’s unique AutoSelect technology. This 2 in 1 technology makes both strimming and edging a walk in the park. Built with anti clogging technology for overgrown grass and a automatic single line feed system to save time and making cutting time more efficient. Its not only lightweight and compact weighing only 2.5 kg it also is extremely quite, a great feature for strimming at late hours. It has an adjustable handle and telescoping shaft for comfort and a 30 cm cutting path. Not only is this the best strimmer for edging, but its a quality inexpensive piece of equipment backed with a 2 year warranty.
- AutoSelect Technology optimizes performance
- Edging guide wheel for precise edging. Cutting Width 30 Centimetre
- E-Drive technology powers through overgrown areas without clogging
- AFS - Automatic single line feed system, saves time and effort
- Extremely quite
- Edging wheel
- Adjustable handle and shaft
- Auto feed system
- 550W efficiant motor
- 2 year warranty
- Requires electricity to operate.
Best Strimmer for Large Garden
THe ParkerBrand 52CC Petrol strimmer is strong and reliable built with a powerfull 52CC petrol engine. Built with a tough guard for safety, adjustable shaft for comfort and bike handles for ergonomics , the Parkerbrand 52CC is the best strimmer for large gardens. It comes with harness to reduce fatigue while strimming large lawns and 2 cutting blades for grass, weeds and brambles. Although its a tad on the heavy side, this strimmer is robust, reliable, erganomic and equipped with a harness. Because of these featues the Parklerbrand 52CC is the best strimmer for large gardens.
- Strong & Reliable 52cc Two Stroke Petrol Engine
- 2.2kW @ 7500RPM
- Compact Split Shaft Design
- Brush Cutter + 1 x Grass Trimming Spool Attachment
- Inlucdes Tool Kit, Harness & Fuel Mixing Bottle
- Strong 52CC petrol engine
- Compact split shaft desgin
- Harness included
- blade and grass trimmer included
- ergonomic designed bike handles
- Tad on the heavy side.
Best Strimmer for Brambles
The Trueshopping 26CC petrol strimmer is built with a powerful 2-stroke air cooled engine and durable brush cutting blade for brambles. Designed with an durable guard, adjustable shaft for comfort and easy storage and bike handles for ergonomic operation. It’s light weight and compact for easy storage and transport. Equipped with 2 types of cutting blades and a harness to reduce fatigue while cutting for long periods of time the Trueshopping 26CC is the best strimmer for brambles.
- New Trueshopping Powerful Petrol Grass Trimmer Brush Cutter 2 Stroke 26cc engine
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder Air Cooling 2-Cycle Gasoline Engine. 07KW / 1HP
- Carburettor: Diaphragm, Rotary Valve, MIXING RATIO: Petrol 25/ Oil 1, Ignition: CDI Power: 0.7Kw
- Light Weight for transport
- Adjustable shaft for storage and comfort
- Powerful 26CC petrol engine
- nylon trimmer and 2 pronged blade included
- harness and bike handles for erganomics
- Great price for value
- Not ideal for small yards
Best Cordless Strimmer with Blades
If your looking for the best cordless strimmer with blades, look no more! The Trueshopping 26cc petrol multi strimmer not only equipped with a grass trimmer head but its also equipped with a long reach hedge trimmer, a long reach pruning saw, brush cutter blade and extension pole. Its also has a one arm harness for ergonomic operation and a powerful 26CC engine to back it all up. Light weight, easy to use, and equipped with 4 blade attachments, the Trueshopping 26cc is the best cordless strimmer with blades.
Trueshopping® 26cc Petrol Multi Tool Long Reach Multi Function Garden Tool Including: Hedge Trimmer, Brushcutter, Chainsaw Pruner & Free Extension...
- Easy to assemble, this multi tool will tackle all of your gardening needs
- Key specs: 26cc. Power: 1.2Kw at 6500rpm. Weight: 5.7kg. Certificates: CE and EMC Approved
- Please be aware these items are powerful and heavy. For ease of use please consider a lower CC or electric model
- Powerful 26cc petrol engine
- 4 blade attatchments
- light weight 5.7kg
- extension arm included
- one arm shoulder harness for ergonomic operation
- Not built with bike handles
Best Heavy Duty Cordless Strimmer
NEW TRUESHOPPING® SPLIT SHAFT PROFESSIONAL PETROL GRASS BRUSHCUTTER POWERFUL HEAVY DUTY MODEL 2-STROKE 52CC
- New Trueshopping Split Shaft Powerful Petrol Grass Trimmer Brush Cutter 2 Stroke 52cc engine
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder Air Cooling 2-Cycle Gasoline Engine
- Carburettor:Diaphragm Type,Rotary Valve, MIXING RATIO: PETROL 25/ OIL 1, Ignition: CDI Power: 1.4Kw
The Trushopping heavy duty 52CC strimmer is by far the best heavy duty cordless strimmer . It’s built with an efficient and powerful 2-stroke air cooled 52CC engine. Weighing only 7kg it’s designed with ergonomic cowhorn handles and a harness to ensure top performance and efficiency utilizing a heavy duty strimmer without getting fatigued. Because of its split shaft design its easily broken down and stored away into a vehicle or shed with ease. the Trueshopping 52cc strimmer comes equipped with heavy duty guard and both a nylon cutter head and a 3 pronged metal blade to tackle grass, brambles and large weeds.
- Heavy duty
- Powerful 52cc petrol engine
- 3 pronged blade and nylon cutter head included
- Bike handles and extendable shaft for comfort
- Harness for ergonomic operation
Best Value Cordless Strimmer
The Garden Gear cordless strimmer is a 20V battery operated strimmer with adjustable handle and shaft for ergonomics and comfort. The battery lasts 30 mins per charge and its built with a detatchable wheel guide for easy operation. Built with a 26cm cutting path and and weighing only 2kg the Garden Gear 20V is the best value cordless strimmer you can buy.
Garden Gear Cordless Strimmer Telescopic Lightweight Frame Grass Trimmer Adjustable Angle Head & 20V Battery (Grass Trimmer)
- Professional features; The cordless strimmer features include edge guide, stabilising handle and a 26-centimetre cutting width for a profession finish every time
- Full adjustable; Height can be adjusted from 95 to 115 centimetres and angle is adjustable by 90 degrees
- Extremely light weight
- Compact for storage
- Best value for price
- 26cm cutting path
- 20V dC lithium ion battery operated
- Adjustable for ergonomics and comfort
- Not ideal for brush or brambles
Well, there you have it, our 8 best strimmers guide 2018 edition. Between the large amount of brands and loads of different features and functions each strimmer provides, hopefully after reading this guide you will have a much easier task choosing the right strimmer for you. If you liked our guide or want to suggest another strimmer for toolshelf to review, please leave a comment in the section below.