Cordless drills have completely changed how we perform our daily tasks. The fact these devices don’t have cords means that they will not get in our way when we are working and can be used without a power source. Their rechargeable batteries allow them to be used in different job sites as long as they are charged. There are various manufacturers of these products on the market. If your looking for the best cordless drill under £100, his article reviews some of the best that you will find.
Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill
3 used from £64.99
- Lithium-Ion battery technology; Syneon Chip: Intelligently controlled energy for every project
- Screwdriving, drilling, impact drilling in wood, metal and masonry; Two speed gearbox
- 20 pre-selectable torque, drill and impact drill settings; Integrated LED light for optimum illumination of dark work areas
- Keyless chuck with Bosch Auto-Lock: for the fastest and easiest bit changes
- Powerful lithium-ion battery and 1-hour charger, for use with all DIY and garden tools in the Bosch 18 volt system
The PSB 1800 model of the Bosh cordless driller uses 2 powerful lithium-ion batteries. This amazing product comes with a one hour charge to restore the drills powers when it runs out. This Bosch drill has a Syneon chip that intelligently controls the energy to suit any project. It is a versatile tool in the sense that you can use it for both drilling and impact drilling on wood, metal, and masonry. It has a 20 pre-selectable torque, drill and impact settings to handle any job. There are LED lights for illumination when using in the dark. It also has a keyless chuck with Bosch auto-lock that make faster and easy changing of bits.
- Faster one hour recharge
- 3 stage charge level indicator
- Comes with two rechargeable batteries
- Has pre-selectable settings for every job.
- No recess for storing drill bits.
BLACK+DECKER 18 V Cordless Drill
5 used from £39.51
- 10 position clutch provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic and all screwdriving tasks
- Variable speed 0-650rpm plus forward and reverse switch for ultimate control for all and screwdriving tasks
- Max torque: 30 Nm
- Max drilling capacity: 25mm into wood, 10mm into steel
- Anti-slip soft grip for user comfort
- LED light to illuminate the working area
This is one of the most impressive cordless drills that you can find on the market. It features a 10 position clutch that gives handlers precise control when drilling against any surface. The drills can be used on wood, metal, and plastic surfaces. It has a variable speed 0-760rpm and a forward and reverse switch for better control when drilling. The maximum torque you get from this amazing tool is 30Nm when drilling wood surface and 25Nm when drilling into steel. The maximum drilling capacity is 25mm for wood and 10mm for steel.
- Has an anti-slip handle for user comfort.
- Has LED lights for illuminating the working area.
- The battery can hold over 80% of the charge over 90 days when idle.
- Has a spring-loaded battery system for easy ejection and placement of batteries.
- Does not work well as a hammer drill
DEWALT 18V Cordless Lithium LXT Combi Drill
- dcd776c1 professional COMBI drill
- Dewalt cordless hammer drill complete kit
- dcd776c1 comes with x1 dcb185 xr battery
- dcb107 rapid 1 hour battery charger
- heavy duty Dewalt carrying case
With the drill, you can perform 3 drill functions. You can use it as a drill, hammer drill and as a screwdriver. It has a 2-speed variable gearbox that gives it better torque. Its keyless chuck allows for use with a wide range of bits. The drill has a maximum drilling capacity of 13mm in masonry, 25mm for wood surfaces and 13mm for metal surfaces. It comes with one rechargeable battery that can be recharged in one hour when it runs out.
- Has a heavy duty carrying case that keeps the tool protected.
- Works with a wide range of bits.
- The battery charges up quickly.
- Has an ergonomic handle that gives a stable grip
- Doesn’t come with screwdriver attachments.
Terratek 18V/20V Cordless Drill
- LI-ION POWER: The Terratek 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Set is supplied with a powerful 800mAh Li-ion battery which results in having no memory effect, no self-discharge and always ready for use. Peaking at 20V from a fresh charge the battery stabilises to 18V. Equipped with a variable speed pressure trigger which can take your cordless drill up to a no load speed of 650rpm and both forward and reverse levers that enable the drill to quickly switch between drilling and withdrawing of screws.
The Terratek 18V lithium cordless drill has a powerful 800mAh battery that makes it have no memory effects. It has a variable speed pressure trigger that can make the drill reach 650 rpm. There are both forward and reverse levers that allow for quick switch between drilling and withdrawing screws. Its 16 different torque settings allow for greater control when drilling any surface. This drill has a maximum capacity of 20mm for wood and 8mm for steel surfaces.
- Ergonomic design offers better handling.
- Has a powerful lithium battery to handle any job.
- LED lights for illuminating the surface.
- It does not come with bits smaller than 2mm.
- It has no hammer facility on it.
Hi-Spec 18V Pro Combo Cordless Drill
1 used from £34.29
- ♦️ YOU KNOW THE DRILL: Stay prepared for home and household DIY with a tool that can deliver that can deliver the power you need for screwing and drill driving tasks involved in keeping your home looking great! A low overall weight and large 1000mAh battery offer a great balance of power, functionality and durability
- ♦️ CORDLESS CONVENIENCE: Enter into the cordless generation with a tool that offers great durability and power, without those annoying cords. A large 1000mAh covers you for tasks near or far and won't let you down when you need it - now that's drilling and screwing without limitations!
It is an amazing tool that can deliver the power that you need for all your screwing and drill driving tasks. It has a low overall weight but a large battery to provide a balance of power, functionality, and durability. The tool has a cordless functionality that offers better handling thanks to its large 1000mAh Ni-MH battery that last for long. The twin sleeve 10mm keyless chuck allows for easy one-handed changing of bits and a variable speed trigger gives the tool better control. Its 16+1 torque position gives you the right power for any job.
- Has a large capacity battery for extended use.
- Drill stands firm on its base for easy picking.
- Easy changing of bits thanks to the keyless chuck.
- Can be used for drilling almost all surfaces.
- Lightweight in design for better handling
- Does not come with a carry case.
MYLEK 18V Cordless Drill
- POWERFUL & VERSATILE: Compact Li-ion 18V combi DIY drill with 1 hour FAST charge and an improved 2 speed gearbox - easily drills through wood, metal and other materials, supplied with a 13 piece accessory kit and a handy carry case.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Our innovative, compact 1300mAh electric cordless drill features an LED work light to help you work in hard to see spaces and a soft grip handle to maximise handling comfort and lessen fatigue when tackling the toughest of tasks!
This is a powerful and versatile tool that is powered by a compact Li-ion battery that charges up in one hour. This battery has a high-power output level and enables a substantial number of charging cycles. It features an improved 2-speed gearbox for drilling various surfaces. First gear gives better torque and control while the second gear gives improved speeds. It has an innovative design that features LED lights for use on dark surfaces. The tool gives variable speed control and when combined with its 19 torque settings, it allows for smooth drilling into any surface.
- Comes with a carry case for storage.
- Allows for easy changing of drill bits.
- It has a spring battery loading system for easy removal of batteries.
- Has LED light for illuminating the drilling surface.
- Takes a long time to recharge.
All the above tools are from reputable companies that have existed for years. Hence you will never go wrong regardless of the one that you pick. The final choice scales down to personal preference. If I were to pick one from the above cordless drills, I think the best cordless drill under £100 is the Bosch PSB 1800 LI-2 Cordless Combi Drill. I like the fact that it charges quickly, and has a 3 stage charge level indicator. This feature will help me monitor the amount of charge remaining to void carrying a less charged drill to a remote job site. If you liked this post or have any questions, please leave a comment in the section below.